Stuart Wiltshire Glass produces unique hand and foot print glass casting keepsakes, which can be engraved with personal details. These make ideal unique keepsakes and gifts to give to family and friends.
How its made - a brief guide
1. Your keepsake will be made by Stuart placing your child’s hand onto a bed of soft damp sand to create an impression.
2. Stuart will then take your impression away to the hot working area of the studio, where he will pour molten glass onto the impression.
3. Now is a good time to take a photograph of the orange glowing glass print before the glass cools. Stuart Will bring it over to the viewing area for you to see.
4. Next your casting will be placed into the annealing oven for 24 hours to cool slowly.
5. A brief message, date & name can then be engraved onto the casting by Stuart. A white display stand will be provided.
6. Your casting will be available to collect from the studio on the next working day or alternatively it can be securely packaged and posted for a small fee.
20% off extra copies ideal for grandparents!
Stuart is also able to do animal prints and has done dogs, cats and even penguins before for the Weymouth Sea life Centre!
Collection and Postage:
- Collection in person: Free
- UK mainland delivery to include secure packaging £7.50 (subject to change)
- Overseas Postage: Ask for a quotation (This includes Isle of Wight, Northern Ireland, Isle of Man and the Scottish Highlands and Islands surrounding Scotland)
Please note: You will not be able to take your hand or foot casting away with you on the day as your casting must cool slowly in the annealing oven for 24 hours. Castings made on Saturdays can not be collected until Monday.