Visitors are welcome to visit the glass studio shop and the fully functioning workshop during opening hours, admission is free of charge, though for large coach parties or school trips that would like to experience watching the art of glassblowing, we advise that you telephone 24 hours in advance of your arrival and book Tel: 01305 766037 or email us. Families are always welcome, we are a child friendly studio all of our glass is displayed in closed glassed cabinets.
Visitors can stand and watch the daily ancient art of glass blowing in the workshop, experience the warmth from the furnace just meters away from the viewing area which is adjacent to the studio gallery which displays a wide range of art glass for visitors to browse from small gifts including glass animals to collectors items.
Please note: Spectator seating is limited, the viewing area is wheelchair / pushchair access friendly, there are no steps into the building. Stuart Wiltshire Glass has no public toilets though the workshop staff toilet has a high step up to it which is not suitable for wheelchair users, the nearest disabled toilets is by the harbour.
- Find us directly behind Tesco's St Thomas Street Weymouth a short walk from the Crown Hotel, Town bridge and Weymouths fishing harbour.
- There is no parking directly outside Stuart Wiltshire Glass due to double yellow lines.
- Weymouth Train station is a 15 minute walk or there is a taxi rank outside the station.
- Bus Stops: Commerical Road at Debenhams is the closest, Weymouth Seafront and the town bridge stops are a short walk away.
- Car-parking: Hourly/Long stay Multistory Commerical Road DT4 8LY. There is also a short stay car park just along the road from the studio DT48AA.
- The nearest drop off point for coach parties is Weymouth seafront by Alexandra gardens. The nearest coach car park is at Lodmoor from there is a mini land train into the town centre on the esplanade for a small fee, Weymouth is level ground so no steep hills to climb!